Service Bulletin 10-10
Brunswick now offers a Rear Display Upgrade Package, part number 47-861048-000, for GS-X pinsetters. This display mounts on the side of the elevator and is being made available to provide for ease of viewing and for use of the functions that are currently available on the Nexgen Box. Included with this letter is a copy of Installation Instructions, part number 47-902101-000, that will be needed for the installation.
Please note that in bowling centers where GS-X pinsetters were installed in the years 2000 to 2003 (Series Number 465 – 510) with Nexgen CPU PCBs, the communication circuit was not enabled. This will prevent correct communication through the I/O PCB to the Rear Display. If the Rear Display unit is installed on pinsetters with this version of the CPU PCB, a “NO COM” error will be displayed on the Rear Display. Before attempting to install this package, you will need to identify if the upgrade is needed.
To identify if a CPU PCB upgrade will be needed, refer to the following steps.
- Disconnect power to the pinsetter by turning off the main power switch and unplugging the power cord to the Nexgen Box.
- Locate the CPU PCB board and check if Regulator U39 has a black heat sink attached and is soldered on the board. Refer to Figure 1.
– If the CPU PCB has the heat sink soldered onto the board, the board will operate as needed and the Rear Display package can be installed.
- If the CPU board does not have this heat sink, it will need to be modified as it will not communicate with the Rear Display unit.
- If a heat sink is not present, the CPU PCBs will need to be exchanged with upgraded PCBs. To receive exchange PCBs, contact the Brunswick Electronic Repair Center or an authorized Exchange Depot. Please note that an exchange fee will be charged for each board. You can contact the Electronic Repair Center by calling 1-800-937-2695 or 231-725-4966, or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a CPU upgrade replacement and current pricing information.
For customers in Europe, Middle East or Africa, you may contact the Exchange Depot in Hungary by dialing 00-36-22-512-917 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have questions regarding the information contained in this Service Bulletin, please contact Brunswick Technical Support at 1-800-937-2695 or 231-725-4966, FAX 231-725-4667, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org