Pit Conveyor Maintenance
The main purpose of the pit conveyor is to move the ball and the pins to the elevator ball wheel and pin wheel. Failure to maintain your pit conveyor can result in increased trouble calls, noisy operation and pinsetter downtime.
When rebuilding the pit conveyor, it is very important to check the following parts for wear or damage.
- Check the upper pit frame for broken support braces and worn clamping levers.
- Inspect the pit mounts for sagging or breakage.
- Check all drive shaft parts for wear and play.
- Check pit conveyor idler assembly for bad pulleys and broken rivets. Also, inspect the bronze bearings and spacer for wear. Replace if necessary.
- Check the sub-mounting plate screws to make sure they are tight.
- Inspect the condition of the pit carpet and the pit board for cracks.
- This is also a very good time to inspect the condition of the lower ball wheel guide rollers. Replace worn or broken flanges and lube or replace worn bearings.